Friday, June 8, 2012

Casa Ole Enchiladas Attempt #3

So, after realizing the error of my ways, I tried a batch of enchiladas last night.  I used the same sauce recipe I did last time, but did as I suggested in my epiphany.  Once my sauce was completed, I used about four ladles worth of the gravy to cover the bottom of my pan.  I then rolled my enchiladas with my mild cheddar and baked them just long enough to melt the cheese.  When they came out of the oven, I poured the rest of the gravy on top, and added my cheese blend on the top of that.  I used the Mexican blend cheese this time, since the taco blend has additional spices.  It came out the proper texture, but could have used a little more gravy.  I plan to halve my gravy recipe and add that much more to it the next time I attempt this in order to make them a little more "saucey."

Flour + oil = roux

Simmering gravy

Going into the oven

Letting the cheese melt from the heat underneath

Finished product



2 comments:

  1. Would you please share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found it in another post 🥰

      Delete