Thursday, January 23, 2014

Blackened Pork Loin with Bacon Alfredo Sauce

I was in the mood for something a bit different tonight, so I tried something new.

Blackened Pork Loin

I used the seasoning blend for my blackened chicken, and rubbed it on my pork loin:

2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground thyme
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tbsp powdered chicken bouillon
2 tbsp brown rice flour
dash of sea salt

I preheated the oven to 500 degrees and baked the loin for 10 minutes, then lowered the temperature to 400 and baked it for 50 minutes.  After the timer went off, I checked the meat temperature, and removed the loin to cool.

While it was baking, I prepared the alfredo sauce:

16 oz bacon
6 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup white cooking wine
6 cups half and half or heavy cream
2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

I began by cutting the bacon into pieces, which I then browned.  I removed the cooked bacon bits and added the garlic to the bacon drippings.  After the garlic was a nice golden color, I added the wine and let it cook while I measured out my half and half.  I used my wonderful magic bullet to mix the flour and some of the half and half.  I added the remainder of the half and half to the mixture with the pepper and let it heat.  I added the Parmesan cheese and stirred until it melted, at which point I added the flour and half and half mixture.  When everything was blended nicely and heated through, I added the bacon pieces back in, which had been resting on a paper towel to absorb their extra grease.  The result made a delicious pairing with the spicy pork loin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment