Friday, July 27, 2012

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies

I decided to modify my regular chocolate chip cookie recipe for a church dinner tonight.  It started with me eying the Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder in my cupboard and thinking of making chocolate chocolate chip cookies, and then I decided to add some almonds I had in the freezer for a little texture.  Here goes:

Chelsea's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Almond Cookies

Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder (or your preference in cocoa powder)
1 tbsp cinnamon (Makura is the only way to go)
1 c. butter
1 c. white sugar
1 c. light brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tbsp light corn syrup
2  tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
pinch of nutmeg
12 oz chocolate chips
1 cup sliced almonds

Preheat oven to 325.  Cream butter.  Add sugars, then eggs, corn syrup, and extracts and mix thoroughly.  Add baking powder, soda, cocoa powder, nutmeg and cinnamon and blend well.  Add flour and mix until blended.  I use my mixer all the way up to the point where I add the chocolate chips.  Stir in chocolate chips and sliced almonds.  Roll spoonfuls of dough into small-ish balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart (I use my Pampered Chef stoneware for cookies).  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until puffed up.  Enjoy!

Just out of the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment