Thursday, January 23, 2014

Gluten-Free

It turns out that during an experimental diet that I began with the household in October, I discovered my husband and I are both sensitive to gluten.  I have also discovered that the majority of my dinner recipes can be recreated quite successfully with brown rice flour substituted for the regular flour.  The exceptions are baked items and chicken and dumplings.  My first attempt at the dumplings was like eating dumplings made of sand.  Blech.  I did find an acceptable substitute for the flour in the dumplings by using a gluten-free baking mix, but continuing to mix the dumplings with the milk and shortening. 

I have been substituting organic ingredients for the regular ones, and substituting grass fed beef for the regular beef.  I will be posting a recipe for a gluten-free, organic fresh tomato, grass fed beef chili, once I have it down pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment