Monday, May 21, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have surgery in the morning, and I really needed a chocolate chip cookie, so I decided to make some of my favorites.  A few months ago, I was talking to a friend about how much I love snickerdoodles.  I mentioned that adding chocolate chips to my super-awesome snickerdoodle recipe would be amazing, and she said it sounded absolutely repulsive.  I, of course, had to prove her wrong by making a few modifications and presenting my findings.  She was appropriately astounded by the awesomeness of these cookies.  The whole family loves these, and a batch usually only lasts a day or two, even when there are only four of us home.  Here goes:

Chelsea's Awesome Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon (Makura is the only way to go)
1 c. butter
1 c. white devil sugar
1 c. light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp light corn syrup
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (can substitute half vanilla and half almond if you want a nutty flavor)
pinch of nutmeg
12 oz chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325.  Cream butter.  Add sugars, then eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.  Add baking powder, soda, nutmeg and cinnamon and blend well.  Add flour and mix until blended.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Roll spoonfuls of dough into small-ish balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.  Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until puffed up.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment