Friday, May 25, 2012

It's a Jello and Hamburger Mac Day

Home from the hospital, and swallowing is not really my friend right now.  I have been doing a lot of toast and tea, honestly.  I use the Texas toast bread and once the butter softens it up a bit, I'm good to go as long as I take small bites.  I made some jello earlier.  I would trust that you all know how to make jello, but after eating the hospital's attempt at jello, I just can't be sure.  For starters, it's amazing how good things taste when you follow the instructions.  So, I just followed the instructions on the box, and yum!  Jello!  My husband is making hamburger mac tonight for dinner, since he wanted to do something easy that meant I wouldn't have to cook. When we do hamburger mac, we just throw 2.5 pounds of cooked burger in with about 5 boxes of macaroni and cheese or shells and cheese, toss in a little seasoning and we're good to go.  On occasion, we do it with a block of Velveeta and maybe some sausage instead, and some cream of mushroom soup, but tonight, we're going simple all the way.  Here's hoping this dinner will work well as an after-surgery meal.  Surprisingly, the ham and potato casserole turned out to be excellent for that purpose, though that was a pleasant and un-intended side effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment